Prompted by a lovely gathering on Tuesday evening at the Brand Exchange hosted by Oceania Cruises for their top agents, I thought I’d like to dedicate an article to this fabulous cruise line.
Firstly I’d like to share a brief timeline of how this company has grown.
- 2002 – 40 million US$ were raised to set up Oceania Cruises and their original R Class ships consisting of Insignia, Regatta and Nautica (from the Renaissance fleet)
- 2007 – Oceania Cruises was sold to Apollo for US$365 million
- 2008 – Orders were placed for two exciting new sister ships – Marina and Rivera
- 2011 – Marina was christened
- 2012 – Riviera was christened
- 2014 – Apollo sold Oceania Cruises to NCL Holdings for US$1 billion
- 2016 – A further R Class ship joins the fleet – Sirena and had an incredible US$50 million spent on her refit
A pretty impressive timeline by anyone’s standards.
Oceania Cruises operate a classy yet relaxed style of cruising – elegantly casual – no black tie required. Where the R class ships in the fleet are more country house hotel in their style, the O-Class ships (Marina and Riviera) are more contemporary in their ambiance. The capacities of the two Classes of fleets are for R @ 684 guests and O @ 1250 guests.
Some useful facts and figures for Oceania Cruises:
- US$4 million was spent on artwork for Marina and Riviera
- Red Ginger (fabulous Asian Fusion restaurant on Marina, Riviera and Sirena) has earned the huge accolade of being the best restaurant at sea (I can personally vouch for how AMAZING it is).
- When Nautica, Regatta and Insignia next go into dry dock (which Oceania tend to do with their ships every 18 months), they will also have Red Ginger added
- Known as THE best Culinary cruise line, how about extending this passion with one of their 2/3 night culinary / epicurean experiences
- They invest more money into their food than ANY other cruise line – it may surprise you to know that this includes their luxury sister company Regent Seven Seas Cruises – in fact Oceania Cruises spend double what RSSC spend per person !
- Lover of all things Beef…… how about their signature 28 day dry-aged beef
- Tables for 2 always freely available
- NO charge for their incredible alternative dining restaurants
- 4 x the amount of space in their galley and 4 x the amount of staff working there, of any other cruise line
- Versace place settings in Toscana – valued at US$1000 per place setting
- Quite often deals providing option to include a certain number of shore excursions (cruise duration dependant), or ship board credit or House Drinks Package.
- FREE unlimited WIFI across the fleet plus there’s usually an offer running with options to benefit from either a selected number of excursions, ship board credit or House Drinks package
Now, let me tell you about a small selection of some incredibly exciting itineraries that are coming up on their 2017/2018 worldwide schedules (99% of which are fly-cruises).
- Insignia – Around the World in 180 departs 03 JAN 2018 – also available in shorter segments
- Fantastic New York round trips sailing across to Bermuda between July and October 2018
- The one I’m always asking cruise lines for !!!!! Australian Circumnavigation – it’s here – a phenomenal 34 night voyage on board Regatta – better still – it departs 20 DEC 2017 so over Christmas and New Year. Current offer provides you with choice of either: 8 EXCURSIONS, HOUSE DRINKS PACKAGE or US$800 SHIP BOARD CREDIT. There is a an earlier circumnavigation March 2017 but there are only a couple of oceanview staterooms left.
- Wonderful Cape Town round trip itineraries where you can enhance your trip with an amazing 3 night Winelands & Wildlife pre or post cruise extension for ONLY £149 pp
- Arguably one of the single most popular itinerary areas for Oceania Cruises are the South Pacific, Polynesia and Coral Sea ones – there are a great selection of durations, start and finishing points
- How about the awesome beauty of Alaska ? Plenty of departures in this spectacular part of the world that I could package up with all sorts of other attractions on this incredible continent. Perfect to combine with Rocky Mountaineer for example
- A first for Oceania Cruises – Dublin round trip – 18th June 18 – lovely British Isles itinerary from the Emerald Isle
Single ? There are usually certain itineraries for you to select from with lower supplements ranging from say, 25>50%. If you are interested, just contact me and I’ll find out which these are for you.
Really fancying the idea of Oceania Cruises but simply don’t want to fly – well there are a few that you can select from but the voyages do tend to sell out really quickly with them being in short supply:
Nautica – 1st and 13th June 17 * Nautica & Marina – 15th & 21st July 17 * Marina – 1st & 13th August 17 * Nautica – 9th September 17 * Marina 25th May 18 * Nautica – 30th July 18 * Nautica – 14th September 18
If you’d like to discuss the possibility of travelling on one of these wonderful ships then just do please get in touch. I’d be delighted for you to like, comment and/or share this article with any of your friends, family or colleagues who you feel it may be of interest to.
Meanwhile I do hope you have enjoyed my insight to Oceania Cruises.